The Krumbs are a group a group of close, but distant friends, relatives and acquaintances that keep in touch by sharing stories and opinions with one another on our interests and adventures. We love the outdoors, music, sports, technology, entertainment and travel.
A “Krumb” is an intended play on the most uncommon and negative definition for the word “crumb”:
- a small particle of bread, cake, etc., that has broken off.
- a small particle or portion of anything; fragment; bit.
- the soft inner portion of a bread ( distinguished from crust ).
- crumbs, a cake topping made of sugar, flour, butter, and spice, usually crumbled on top of the rawbatter and baked with the cake.
- Slang. a contemptibly objectionable or worthless person.
Our meaning of a krumb evolved to be both a slight and a compliment.
- A person who is clever and exerts little or no energy doing something better than others who are doing more work and getting less done.
- Someone who desires sleep and relaxation.
As we met new friends, we quickly found some like-minded, good people and became a team. We needed a name. No, we didn’t. We already knew what it was, Krumbs.
The rest is history…and in the making. Countless championships, fortunes, fame, rehab, more fortune, relapse, hiking, and building a compound await.
Pallyisms – The simple phrases, silly observations, and eternal wisdom from the crusty crab we know as ‘Pally’.
“‘Cause that’s the kinda guy I am.”
“I didn’t come all this way to lay up.”
“No intellect.” [while shaking head in disapproval and tapping temple with pointer finger]
“Reach over here again and you’ll be comin’ back with a bloody stump!”
“I can’t win for losing.”
“We’re sucking on the hind tit.”
“You could fall into a bucket of shit and come out smelling like a dozen roses.”
“I wonder what the poor people are doing…”
“Ya know, you guys got it dicked!?!”
“You’re the luckiest guy.’
“We ain’t building a watch.”
“A blind man would be happy to see that.”
“Quit dickin’ around and get to work.”
“An army travels on its stomach.”
“That’s got a good flavor”
ANYTHING THAT COULD POTENTIALLY HARM YOU
“Ahh, it won’t hurt ya!”
“Happier than a pig in shit.”
“He’s so happy he doesn’t know whether to shit or go blind.”
“Now we’ll see where the bear shit in the woods.”
“The eagle shits on friday.”
“Feed the monkey and watch him shit.”